Home: (612) 623-7938
A challenging career in web development or application development.Skills (years used):
- Development: Java(Swing & Jsp) (6),C/C++ (4), Perl/Tk (5), XML (2.5), SQL (8), Information Architecture (3), JBuilder/Netbeans(3), Algorithm Development (7), User Interface Design and Usability (5)
- General: Macintosh (10), Windows (7), Unix/ Linux (5), Word/ Excel/ Pages/ Numbers (4)
1/2010 - Present
Currently working with Java, Weblogic, and Oracle.Fantasy Flight Games
Web Developer/ Technology Manager
5/2008 - Present
I originally worked on various web projects ranging from simple product viewers and web signup forms, to organized play and league play websites. During 9/2008 I was promoted to Technology Manager where I was responsible for technology projects and administration.
- Used various technologies to create web content and applications using Java, MySql, HTML, CSS for a variety of platforms such as Windows, Apple OSX, and Linux.
- Repaired and maintained apple desktops and laptops as well as providing end user support for software and hardware solutions. Tracked software license use and compliance.
- Maintained and setup a half dozen servers including Dell servers, OSX Server, Linksys routers, Cisco ASA to provide networking, backup, filesharing, email, and webhosting.
- Worked with offsite vendors to provide technology solutions including web hosting, internet connectivity, Armour security, and more.
- Setup and configured hardware as needed, including barcode scanners, credit card swipes, and receipt printers for Point of Sale setups.
10/2005 - 4/2008
I worked on several projects, ranging from small to large projects. Duties include meeting with customers to formalize requirements, perform production support, write code, design program structure, and deploy code to development, test, and production environments.
- I used CSS to develop liquid layouts, without improper use of tables. I learned to consider nontraditional users when positioning navigation and page content.
- I worked on many projects, including a ticketing system for the Networking department, a project management site for the Center for Transportation Studies, an event scheduling site for Campus Events, using xml and xslt, and installed and maintained the U of M Wiki.
- I also gave presentations on web development tools, such as Firebug and introduced a web testing tool, Selenium.
Application Developer (Grade 26)
7/2003 - 10/2005
I developed new features for a secure website to submit out-of-network claims (https://www.lww-trans.com). I also maintained, refactored code, and supported user issues. I worked primarily with web technologies (Java, JSP, Corba, JRun, Struts, Spring) but also with Java Swing on Gui tools.
- I was involved in the complete process of releasing our web application, including submitting change control paperwork, co-ordinating software installation on release night, validation, and documentation of processes.
- I also wrote a web app to show statistics for the usage of the site, including a module that would draw an excel like graph of data points over a timeline.
- I worked on perl scripts and java programs for loading, manipulating, and reporting eligibilty data. I also enhanced Java Swing applications used for loading account information and wrotel data mapping programs in the Alaska language.
- I wrote a framework for reviewing data and reporting problems, which I adapted to monitor the claims that came through the website for potential problems.
Intern / Level 1 Engineer
12/1999 - 6/2001
I started as an intern and was hired full time in 5/00. I worked in the Systems, Test, and Application departments.
- I tested and provided tools to facilitate the release of the UTC product (an internet appliance, emphasizing ease of use, running Linux and Mozilla).
- I wrote many small programs (100 - 300 lines), several large programs (500 - 600 lines), worked on a 1,000+ line GUI to automate the software turnover process. Several of my programs were accessed through the web to facilitate in product testing.
- I contributed to several Open Source projects and discussion groups as part of my job.
University of Minnesota
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science and Art
October 1996 - December 2000
Computer Science Education
I have taken classes in C, C++, and the Scheme dialect of Lisp. I have also learned Object Orientated Programming, Program Interface and Implementation, and robust computer programing. Programmed on Unix and Linux machines. I took classes on OpenGL and how to program 3D graphics and animations. During a GUI class I created programs in Tcl/Tk, Java, Perl, and Visual Basic.Art Education
- Art Projects
- Interactive Portfolio - Created a portfolio with Director that showed my computer graphic work with Infini-D, Bryce, and Photoshop.
- Web Pages - I have created several web pages for my Web Art class, they can be seen on my home page (please click on the "Resume" link at the bottom of the browser).
Through my Electronic Art classes I have gained valuable experience working with computers while considering aesthetic properties.
I enjoy reading and learning. I have read books on my own, such as Java, CGI programming with Perl, HTML, and Information Architecture (O'reilly books). I have created my own web page and am working on building a portfolio of games. I have written games in Flash and Java, as well as board games and other pen and paper games.Art Related
I have always been interested in computer graphics and animation. I have worked with Infini-D, a computer animation program, since 10th grade. I also have experience with CD duplication and multimedia presentations (for class).Hobbies
I enjoy music (particularly classical), movies, books, and art.